- 1 What is Jurisdiction?
- 2 What is PAN jurisdiction?
- 3 How income-tax department determines PAN Jurisdiction?
- 4 How can you change your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer?
Today, I go to present the PAN jurisdiction. The first question arises in my mind when I am talking about PAN jurisdiction.
What is Jurisdiction?
Jurisdiction is legal authority assign to any person to administrate justice within a decided area of responsibility.
What is PAN jurisdiction?
The tax payment procedure went easy when the online tax payment system came but, sometimes there is a problem arising in tax payment, and you need to contact to the income tax department about your tax payment issues. At that time you must know about your Tax Ward & your tax accessing officer and jurisdiction.
PAN jurisdiction means a PAN card holder or taxpayer is including under assessing officer & area.
Every PAN card holder must know about their PAN jurisdiction. Because future is uncertain and we all don’t know what is happen in future. Some people said that future worries leave in future, but this time you need to know about assessing officer it can’t leave on future.
Know your Jurisdiction?
PAN jurisdiction is necessary for PAN card holder. It contains AO code, AO type, AO Number, Range code. This PAN card jurisdiction is playing a vital role in income tax because the Pan card is an identity with its Assessing Officer.
What Is Jurisdictional Assessing Officer?
Income tax department has lakh income taxpayer.
So, to handle all taxpayers the income tax department has appointed the officer as per city. Assessing officer is the person who is assessing your tax payments, return, and refund status.
Every Assessing Officer has assigned area and category to do work.
An assessing officer has the power to take a decision about your income tax. The Jurisdiction Assessing Officer is allocating as per city.
So, the assessing officer is giving as per your address in PAN card. You can change your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer.
If some several reasons you shift from one place to another then you need to change your jurisdictional Assessing Officer.
Mostly Woman shifts for the marriage reason or may be job place changed you need to shift from one to another.
How income-tax department determines PAN Jurisdiction?
Now, We all know The word Jurisdiction and its meaning.
But, today I address you about the Jurisdiction i.e. How income-tax department determines PAN Jurisdiction?
In India, PAN jurisdiction is determined on two person
- Defense Personnel
- Individual & Artificial Person
Defense personnel are having two type of defense service
Defense personnel PAN Jurisdiction set to default by the Income-tax department.
|description||ITO WARD 4(3) GHQ, PUNE||ITO WARD 42(2)|
Individual & Artificial Person
|Other Tax Payer||Selection Criteria||PAN Jurisdiction as per|
|1. Salary or a combination including salary
2. Income from Business or combination with Business income
|Other individuals||Residential Address|
|Artificial Person||PAN Jurisdiction As Per|
|A company, Firm(F), L.L.P., Body of Individuals, Association of person, Company, Trust, Co-Operative Society, Local Authority, HUF, a Judicial person||Office Address|
Tax-payer including individuals and an artificial person like., Judicial Person, company, Trust, Co-operative society, etc.
- Individual –
I) Salary or a combination including salary
II) Income from Bussiness or combination with Bussiness income
These two income sources of Individual are recommended PAN Jurisdiction as per Office Address
All other individuals are recommended PAN Jurisdiction as per their Residential Address.
Other artificial people including a company, sole proprietorship, Limited Liability Partnership, Body of Individuals, Association of person, Company, Trust, Co-Operative Society, Local Authority, HUF (Hindu Undivided Family), a Judicial person are recommended PAN Jurisdiction as per their Office Address.
How can you change your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer?
You can change your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer in two-way.
1) You can contact your Jurisdictional Officer for to change your address and assessing officer.
2) You can give the written application to the income tax department to change your address, Assessing Officer.
Steps to know Pan Card Jurisdiction
If you are Registered User, then follow this process.
1. Log in to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
2.If you already registered on the e-filling website Then, Choose “Log In” Option and click on the above-given option on Service.
3. Now log in with User ID and Password and add a captcha code given in the picture.
4. At last, you can see the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer.
Now, If you didn’t register on the e-filling website then, how can you see jurisdictional officer?
First, you need to register yourself.
The question arises in your mind?
How to register on the e-filling web-site?
If you are a new user on E-filling website then follow this process.
1. Log in to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
2. Click on “new user? Register now.”
3. After then, you need to select User Type. & click “SUBMIT”.
4. Then it opens registration form. There is to open another registration form. In that, you need to Basic detail i.e. PAN, Surname, Middle Name, First Name, Date of Birth. Then click on “SUBMIT.”
5.It opens “Step:2 Registration Form”. Now you need to fill the information i.e. Password, personal detail, contact detail, Address, Captcha code. Click on “SUBMIT.”
6. Now, It shows Step: 3 The Registration successful.
7. Your Login id and password are generating.
8. Now, you can see the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer by using your user id and password.
Here i write steps but if you have any query then, see this video for more understandable process.