What is PAN (Permanent Account Number)?
Permanent Account Number(PAN) is an alphanumeric code and unique identification of Indians, who pay income tax every year. PAN contains ten digit Alphanumeric identifiers which are covered by the Indian Income Tax Act 1961.
PAN card or Pan Number is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department. It is an important identification Proof for Indian people
FOR Example, BBBCA1456D is a format of Indian PAN (Permanent Account Number).
The today PAN card is most important proof of any transaction. If you want to buy a property or invest money, then PAN is required. Every bank is expecting PAN Card whenever you want to open a bank account and during the transaction, fee payment, and salary.
It is the most valuable proof corresponding bank accounts especially high-value transactions.
It is used when the credit of taxes paid by you and faster processing of return of income.Possessing and using more than one PAN is against the law and may attract a penalty of up to 10,000 Rs by Assessing Officer
It is the only proof which is valid for lifetime. There is no need for renewing. If any mistake found after to get it, then you may apply for removing your mistake. Once if it issued then no chances to change an address.
PAN Card is provided under the SECTION 139(A) Income Tax Of India Act.
BBBCA1456D: In this demo first five characters are Letters after four are numb, and the last digit is a character.First 3 characters are in sequence of AAA to ZZZ, fourth is giving information about pan holder from which category like government, Hindu undivided, a company, a local authority or many more this character is from A TO K.The fifth character mentions the first character of surname of the last name or be the name of society, trust company and organization.
The fifth character mentions the first character of surname of the last name or be the name of society, trust company and organization.
How Looks A PAN CARD?
The Latest PAN Card looks like a Credit Card and Debit Card. It is provided with a plastic coated cover which is giving good security. In The top of the left corner the written (आयकर विभाग) and below that INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT.On top of the middle, there is an Emblem of India sign.
There is text on top of the right corner(भारत सरकार) GOVT. OF INDIA. It contains the photo of PAN holder, the full name of the owner, father’s name and date of birth, PAN Number and in the bottom of the left, there is a signature of PAN holder.
How to apply for PAN Card(Pan Card Application Form)?
Are you sure want to PAN CARD? Then perfect place has been chosen by you. Here we provide the information and steps to apply for new PAN card.Indian government published two types of forms. 49A and 49AA.
49A- It is used for the Indian citizen who wants to apply for new PAN CARD.
49AA- It would be used for those people who belong from foreign countries or foreigners.
Form 49 A:
- This form only used by the Indian citizen. Indian citizens who belong from out the country they would also use this form.
- You may apply for new PAN Card online and offline through Form 49A.
- Fill up the form and submit the data. If any error occurs or submission fails, then you have to rectify the data and resubmit
- After that, if the form is submitted without error, then all data should be displayed on the screen fill up with you.
- Then confirm the application or edit it
The charge is ₹107 for 49A(Indian Citizens) and ₹989 for those Indian Citizens who belong from outside India.you may pay through DD, Credit card, Debit card or Net banking.
In the case of credit card, debit card and net banking payment you got an acknowledgment.
Documents which are required for PAN CARD in the case of the offline form:
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Adhaar card issued by UIAD (Unique Identification of India).
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card which contains photographs of the applicant.
- Central Government Health Scheme card.
- Photo ID card issued by the central govt or state govt. For public sector.
- Certificate of identity in the original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer
- Original Bank Certificate on letterhead from the branch which contains duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant.
If you admire from this post then don’t forget to leave a comment in the below comment.